Hakim Ziyech and Andre Onana have been eliminated from the final selection for the prize of African Footballer of the Year. The two Players are not among the three nominees.
The African football body, CAF released the list of candidates for Sunday from ten to three. The price is going to be the Egyptian Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), the Senegalese Sadio Mané (Liverpool) or be the Match, Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City).
In addition to the Moroccan international, Ziyech and Kameroener Onana time, true love Bennacer (AC Milan), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Odion Ighalo (Shanghai Greenland Shenhua FC), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Scored), and Youcef Belaïli (Ahli Jeddah) is displayed.
Salah was, in the past two years, been voted African Footballer of the Year. The attacker was from Liverpool, was last year’s preferred Mané-and Aubameyang, who, the year before, even if, as in the second and third place.
The winner of the 2019 and in January, announced at the annual gala of the CAFÉ. The coaches and captains of African countries as well as voetballegendes of the continent, a small group of journalists allowed in on their favorite contestant and vote.
🇩🇿 – 🇸🇳 – 🇪🇬
🆕 The Cover photo is updated 🆕
Almost two weeks before the big day! #CAFAwards2019 🏆 https://t.co/OrF8oy5IUI
AvatarAuteurCAF_OnlineMoment of plaatsen11:56 am – december 22, 2019
The last ten winners of African Footballer of the Year
- 2018: Mohammed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool)
- 2017: Mohammed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool)
- 2016: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria/Leicester City)
- 2015: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon/Borussia Dortmund)
- 2014: Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City)
- 2013: Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City)
- 2012: Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City)
- 2011: Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City)
- 2010: Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon/International)
- 2009: Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea)