News

Workers rescue Florida girl who fell into a chimney

CLEARWATER, Florida. – Rescue workers chipped away part of the chimney of a vacant house to rescue an 8-year-old Florida girl, who got stuck in.

Clearwater Fire and Rescue assistant Chief John Klinefelter says it took crews about 35 minutes to rescue the child on Monday evening. He says Isabella Cooke had only a bruised knee and did not go to the hospital.

The Tampa Bay Times http://bit.ly/2jv5WT6 reports of the little girl climbed up on the roof by shimmying on a pole on the rear of the property and sliding doors to the bottom of the chimney. The child lives next door to the vacant house.

Klinefelter says the chimney is not the usual opening in the underside in the house.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular