The Polish director Roman Polanski has been accused by a fifth woman of sexual misconduct.
A Californian artist claimed Roman Polanski “sexually abused” her when she was 10 years old and has started a petition to the Polish director booted from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Marianne Barnard wrote in her Care 2 petition that the controversial director abused her after she was photographed by him at will Rogers State Beach in Southern California. The artist claimed the director asked her to get out of her bikini top than bottoms before he abused her.
‘STRANGE THINGS’ ACTOR DROPS AGENT ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT; DISNEY STARS FOLLOWS SUIT
Barnard also claimed her mother, who was present at the photo shoot arranged for the test. The artist was of the opinion that her mother was paid to walk away from the incident, so she could pay for a D. Ph.
“After it happened, I didn’t say anything to anyone. I wish I was brave enough to speak out, tell a friend, parent or even a teacher,” the artist wrote. “Maybe if I had the other girls would not have been abused by Polanski (a convicted statutory rapist). That is a terrible pain to bear.”
little consequences for him considering his crimes, and a great amount of the damage that he has caused #SilenceIsTheEnemy #MeToo https://t.co/bZXtQuhs1Y
— Marianne Barnard (M) (@Marianne_M_B) 20 October 2017
Barnard asked online users to sign the petition for Polanski’s membership of the council, withdrawn from the Academy. More than 12,500 people have signed the petition early Saturday afternoon.
She said that the petition is motivated by the Academy’s decision last week to expel disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of the board of directors after a series of sexual harassment and sexual abuse accusations against the movie mogul.
“It is a great result for him considering his crimes and the great amount of the damage that he has caused me and his other victims,” Barnard wrote.
Barnard and four other women who have come forward with sexual misconduct allegations against the controversial director.
“We have remained silent until now. We were scared. But, we can no longer keep silent and let this man who sexually abused little girls to enjoy the fame, recognition, or an honourable place in history,” Barnard wrote.
HARVEY WEINSTEIN DISPUTES LUPITA NYONG ‘ O SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS
Barnard is the latest woman to come forward with allegations that the Oscar-winning director. Earlier this month, Renate Langer, a German woman, said that she was attacked by Polanski when she was a teenager, in 1972.
Samantha Geimer saidh she was 13 years old when Roman Polanski drugged, raped and sodomized her.
In August, another woman, who herself only as Robin, said the director sexually victimized her in 1973 when she was 16.
Polanski, 84, served 42 days in prison before the flight to France from the US. after pleading guilty to having unlawful sex with a minor in California. His victim, Samantha Geimer, was 13 at the time.
Geimer said Polanski drugged, raped and sodomized her in “Chinatown” actor Jack Nicholson’s Hollywood Hills home in 1977.
This summer, Geimer asked a Los Angeles judge to drop the 40-year-old case against Polanski, which can only travel between France, Switzerland and Poland.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.