BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut. – A former Connecticut college student accused of lying about being raped by two university football players have already been offered a plea deal.
A judge on Monday set a Jan. 10 date for Nikki Yovino to accept or reject the offer.
Attorney Ryan O’neill says that the data will remain confidential until then.
The 19-year-old New York native accused of two Sacred Heart players of sexually assaulting her during an October 2016 party. The players said the sex was consensual.
The police says Yovino later admitted to making the allegations because she was afraid another student would lose romantic interest in her when he heard about the sexual encounter.
A judge last month denied Yovino access to a probationary program that would have led to a dismissal of the charges.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com