Tattoos: a thing in the rapwereld.
In 2011, Gucci Mane, a giant ice cream cone with lightning bolts and the onomatopoeia ‘Brrr’ tattooing. On the cheek. According to his spokesperson, he did it ‘to his fans, to remember how life he chooses to life: cool as ice’. As in: ‘I’m so icy, I’ll make ya say brrr.’ He was probably not the first to do it, but he was, in any case, one of the pioneers of a bizarre trend in the rapwereld: face tattoos.
That is what it is: a trend. Face tattoos are a thing. In particular, in the so-called soundcloudrap, a subgenre between stairs, lofi, punk, and emo that initially spread through the free online music service SoundCloud. You can recognize the average soundcloudrapper to the ‘Lil’ in his name, dyed hair, emotional lyrics about lean and Xanax, and a face that looks like a sketchbook. Think of Lil Skies, Lil Xan, Lil Uzi Vert, a Lil Pump , and the late Lil Peep.
If you ever wonder how the word ‘Crybaby’ on your forehead is still a normal job when you are rapcarrière failed: not. And that is the idea. ‘I got tattoos on my face, I use that shit as motivation / I could never get a job, so for my dream, I’m a dedicated, raps Lil Skies in the Welcome to the Rodeo. It is the most frequently mentioned motive: by their face full of tattoos to convert close they are preventive of job interviews in the slightly more traditional sectors of employment. And so, they force themselves to pursue their music. A somewhat extreme form of artistic commitment, in short. There is thought of.
- Yes. That is an Anne Frank-tattoo on the jaw of Xan Frank. ‘To be stuck in a house, and eventually to die and shit… Like dude, I’m dying to make music,” says the producer.
- For less than 6 dollars you can the Gucci Mane in yourself out. For that price, you’ll find a two piece set Gucci Mane Ice Cream Cone Temporary Tattoos on Amazon.
- During the past Halloween was apparently a thing for you to dress up as soundcloudrapper. Mothers painted ’69’ on the face of their child. Special.
- All of this means that 69 is not what you think, let 6ix9ine know on Instagram. ‘You understand, does not mean that I am wrong. You have the life, just not from my perspective. Turn the 6 upside down and it will be a 9, but she remains the same from a different point of view in different perspectives. Open your mind and heart.”
- 6ix9ine was convicted for sexual acts with a minor, how he look at it.