News

White house chief of staff John Kelly tightens security review process in the Wake of Rob Porter fiasco

White house chief of staff John Kelly in the episode of Rob Porter has been criticised ‘ s departure

White house chief of staff John Kelly signed off Friday on a Revision of the procedures of the security review in the Wake of criticism over his reaction to the Rob Porter affair.

Kelly, who has difficult questions to face about how Porter more as a trump administrative aide despite allegations that he abused his two former wives, the agreed-upon changes, and put the burden on the FBI and the justice Ministry to get more information and updates on security checks.

“The American people deserve a White house staff that meets the highest standards and has been carefully checked, especially those that work closely with the President, or sensitive information relating to national security,” read a memo Kelly sent to key staff and Cabinet officials.

in the vicinity


Video

The house Oversight Committee is investigating, Rob Porter scandal

The White house, despite calls continue to be on stand-by-chief-of-staff to John Kelly for his resignation.

Kelly reports that the changes worked with White House Counsel Donald McGahn to formulate.

“The American people deserve a White house staff that meets the highest standards and has been carefully checked …”

– White house chief of staff John Kelly

The memo States, to be delivered “in the future, all the [background investigations] of the potential officers should be identified, for the FBI at the beginning and then hand it to the White house Counsel personally upon completion. The FBI officials who-delivers-these files should orally brief the White house Counsel on all of the information in these files that you keep clearly pejorative.”

Porter, who served as White house staff Secretary, resigned on Feb. 7 turned out, he had been accused of in the he his wives. Kelly initially defended him, but after images of the first woman Colbie Holderness with a blue eye of them have been made public. Porter’s second wife, Jenny Willoughby, reported she was abused, and that they would have told the FBI, if there is a credit check Porter.

Porter, (l.), resigned after a photo surfaced of ex-wife Colbie Holderness with a black eye.

Although the FBI has its background investigation last summer, FBI Director Christopher Wray told lawmakers this week they made a follow-up in November and the file is closed in January. He said that additional information to the White house this month, maintaining it was passed that the proper protocols had been followed.

To talk to Wray’s account of White house seemed to be claimed that the background check was in progress. The Trump administration later said that Porter’s background investigation remained open because the White house personnel Security Office, the gifts have been approved, had not completed his work.

Kelly’s memo was hitting ensure, in part, to new information from the FBI is quickly delivered into the hands of the White house staff.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular