Van der Sar says Ajax after the dramatic start, the chosen line is holding
Ajax let itself after the dramatic start to the season is not tempted to ‘paniekaankopen’. According to general director Edwin van der Sar holds the Amsterdam club to stick to the chosen line, with the emphasis on talent.
“The same line took us three months ago, a European final,” said Van der Sar on Saturday in his column in The Telegraph. “That line districts, so we have to do.”
Ajax was in the third qualifying round of the Champions League eliminated by OGC Nice and stranded then also in the play-offs of the Europa League against Norwegian Rosenborg. For the first time in over fifty years knew Ajax is thus not to qualify for a European tournament.
“This selection was good enough to qualify,” said Van der Sar. “In four matches, Ajax not once played, but have we forgotten to bite on the many opportunities and possibilities.”
Also in the competition were the Locals already at a defeat. The uitduel with Heracles Almelo was two weeks ago with a 2-1 loss. Last week won Ajax in their own Arena with 3-1 from FC Groningen.
Ajax takes the Sunday at 14.30 against VVV-Venlo. The Locals are after two duels in eighth place.
Of Duivenbode get out of dissatisfaction, on Ajax-policy as supervisory board member
View the results of the program and the position in the Premier league