News

US is moving at a high-level U. s. a meeting of the China-tech in new Smartphone curbs in March: sources

FILE IMAGE: The AMERICAN flag, and a smartphone with the Huawei ascend, and 5 g of the network logo can be seen on a PC motherboard in this picture, the 29th of January by the year 2020. REUTERS/dado Ruvic/Image/File Photo

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – the Trump officials have been scheduled for March 11 for a critical discussion on the potential of new AMERICAN restrictions on the sale of technology to the Smartphone, and in China, people familiar with the matter said.

It is a cabinet-level meeting has been fixed on Friday, but was postponed. The Minister of trade of Wilbur Ross, the Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, Secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, and the Minister of finance, Steve Mnuchin are among those expected to attend the meeting, now scheduled for next month, the people said.

Representatives from many agencies meet to discuss the agenda for the last week, but did not offer any recommendations on how to deal with a number of proposals to be bound in China, Huawei’s telecommunications equipment and commercial aircraft parts, the people said.

One of the results was made after President Donald Trump’s tweets as of last week, the rays of light of a proposal to ensure that the General Electric Co. in the sale of engines to China’s new passenger jet. A senior U.S. official told Reuters, the us Department of Commerce, “totally wants to meet with the president of the directive council in order to make the sale. GE manufactures the engines with france’s Safran .

The White House, the National Security Council, did not respond to a request for comment. Huawei has said that it does not comment on market speculation.

The people who have knowledge of the things said on condition of anonymity because the government discussions are not open to the public. In the market, the state, defense and treasury departments do not respond immediately to requests for comment.

Among the topics on the agenda for the meeting will be ways to extend US authority to stop foreign shipments of products, using AMERICAN technology, and Huawei Technologies, Ltd. The changes are intended to create frustration in a number of in the administration of the company’s listing on a U.S. trade blacklist, in May, failed to cut off the supply of the world’s largest telecoms-equipment-maker.

In the United States, says Huawei has been involved in activities contrary to the national security and foreign policy interests. Huawei denies the allegations.

Reuters had reported exclusively in November that Washington is considering changing the rules for the extension of its powers to the limit, and the overseas shipment of the products with AMERICAN technology, on Huawei.

Reporting by Karen Freifeld and Mike Stone, Additional reporting by Alexandra Alper in Washington; Editing by Chris Sanders and Tom Brown

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular