News

US identifies 2 Korean War dead from North Korea remains

WASHINGTON – Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis says that two Korean War dead have been identified from remains transferred to the US. in July by North Korea.

Mattis tells Pentagon reporters Tuesday that the experts moved swiftly on the analysis of these two sets of remains, if they think they have a good chance to identify them because of where they were located and other information.

He did not want to publicly disclose.

North Korea showed more than 55 boxes of remains to the officials of the V. S. in the city of Wonsan, North Korea, on 27 July. The Ministry of Defence laboratory in Hawaii, working to identify them. In the last month, the department identified service member from whom the dog tag was returned.

Mattis says talks are under way with North Korea for additional remains repatriated.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular