GENEVA – The U. N. human rights chief says threatened in U.S. budget cuts would not be “fatal” for his office, but says that he hopes that other countries will not follow.
Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein insisted “the office will continue to survive”, even if the US bears the promise of the AMERICAN National security adviser John Bolton in an interview with The Associated Press last week.
Zeid told reporters Wednesday that “it is clear what you do not want to see is a whole series of withdrawals and the withdrawal of the funding.”
Bolton with the promise that the U.S. will cut funding for the rights of office, and the U. N.’s top human rights body was the last Trump card administration salvo against U. N. institutions.
The U.S. is the U. N.’s largest donor, providing about 22 percent of the budget.