President Trump is known to limit efforts, the U.S. commercial transactions with Cuban ventures controlled to enforce by the country’s military, and strictly, the rules for Americans traveling to the Communist nation, according to a memo seen by Fox News.
Trump is officially the new Cuba policy will unveil during a speech in Miami Friday.
The President is expected to emphasize that a ban on American tourism to Cuba remains in force, and proclaim that his government would “strictly [enforce] the 12 authorized categories for U.S. citizens to travel to the island.” These categories include family visits, official government business, education and religious activities, clinics, and “support for the Cuban people.”
The new commerce restrictions are focused on dealing with companies in the possession of the Cuban military’s holding company, known as GAESA. The Directive calls for the Americans to travel to Cuba, the use of “private enterprises and the services of people in Cuba, instead of companies and services … GAESA.”
The memo outlining the new policy does not say whether Trump is close all the embassies, or the breaking of diplomatic relations, which were manufactured by the Obama administration in the year 2015.
Trump is expected to justify the new restrictions on human rights. The policy of Secretary of state, Rex Tillerson articulated to create a task-force is currently examining the opportunities to increase Internet access on the island. A source told Fox News the President is also expected to for the release of Cuban political prisoners, but not on further details.
Expand / Collapse
In this Aug. 31, 2016 photo, two passengers handle passengers of JetBlue flight 387 waving the United States and the Cuban national flag, in Santa Clara.
(AP Photo/Ramon Espinosa)
The administration was drafting a new policy, with input from Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart and Sen. Marco Rubio, both Cuban-American Republicans from South Florida.
During his presidential campaign, Trump said that Obama’s decision to trade and travel restrictions had, was to play directly into the hands of the regime had no concessions in return. Earlier this year, Secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, the trump said the administration is conducting a “top-to-bottom” review of U.S.-Cuba policy would be.
Supporters of lifting the embargo say that the intake has done by a punitive approach against Cuba, nothing for the improvement of human rights in more than 50 years, and that it is time to try something new. They believe that the more contact Cubans and Americans and to make more opportunities for Cubans to have business ventures-helped by the Americans – the more pressure it will change for the political system on the island.
FoxNews.com’s Elizabeth Llorente and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Serafin Gomez is a White House Producer for FOX News Channel, which is also in the election of 2016 as a special events & politics producer and former special correspondent for Fox News Latino. Fin formerly worked as the Miami Bureau Producer for Fox News Channel, where he covered Florida politics & Latin America. Follow him on Twitter: @Finnygo