nearvideo President Trump preview meeting with President Xi: “exciting day”
Trump’s meeting with the Chinese leader Xi Jinping could be used to determine whether free trade with China back on track; chief White House correspondent John Roberts reports from Osaka, Japan.
President Trump vowed Saturday to block to “immediately” appeal against a judge’s decision means for his border wall, while the revival of threats you will go to a halt deportation raids come, as soon as a week from now.
The President discussed his immigration plans as part of a comprehensive press conference after the G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan.
HOUSE OKS BORDER BILL AFTER PELOSI RETURNS, OF COURSE
His administration, just after notching a victory with the passage of a $4.6 billion bill to address the humanitarian crisis along the U.S.-Mexican border, has been a blow Friday when a California judge ruled out Trump-tap to 2.5 billion dollars in military funds to build the high-priority segments of the border wall in California, Arizona and New Mexico. Judge Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr., who has acted in Oakland in two lawsuits filed by California and by activists, which claimed to transfer the money, was illegal and that construction would represent a risk to the environment.
“We are immediately appealing, and we think we will win the appeal,” Trump said in his press conference, called the decision a disgrace. “There was no reason that this should be happening.”
Meanwhile, the President made it clear that, despite the adoption of the aid package in Congress, he plans to move forward with a controversial Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids, the absence of an agreement on the Reform of the asylum procedure, which he described as unlikely.
“We are removing a large number of people … in a week’s time, you know, sometime after the 4. July,” Trump said.
This planned robbery have been the subject of intense debate and a source of immense turmoil within the Department of Homeland Security. Before last weekend, reported The Washington Post on the closely held plan to target families in up to 10 cities in the United States for the deportation raids. The plans outrage from Democrats and, last Saturday, asked, Trump said he would agree to see their requests to the delay of the operation “for two weeks”, if you can the problems on the Southern border hit a deal on “asylum and the void.”
But the past week has been consumed by negotiations about the humanitarian aid act, which Congress passed immediately before the start of the holiday.
While Trump the package, thanked the speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi for help, it is – you are overwhelmed, the liberal wing of their party, a cross-party package that is not sought include restrictions on the enforcement of the wings – not proposed to the President that the bill will make ICE raids less likely.
The raid plan, as well as national controversy over the poor conditions in certain immigrant-detention centers, is the backdrop to a major reshuffle in the top levels of the Department of Homeland Security. The new leaders that were installed in the last week in ICE and Customs and Border Protection — such as the DHS secretary even faces questions about his future.
Acting Secretary Kevin McAleenan was accused of leaking the ones that planned the RAID. But during an appearance on Fox News’ “The Ingraham angle,” he denied again.
“I don’t want to not have ever leaked details, the sensitive law enforcement operation,” he said.
A senior administration official told Fox News on Thursday that after the alleged leak, “He’s lost the confidence and trust of the workforce and the supervisor, with no way to go out with any confidence and credibility.”
The official complained about the state of morale in the Department to say: “the DHS has now in chaos and morale of the employees is miserable.”
NEW MANAGERS INSTALLED DHS IN THE MIDST OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SECRETARY IN THE FUTURE
McAleenan, although touted at a press conference on Friday that the flow at the border is reduced, said he expects as much as a 25 percent reduction in the border regions, fears, in June – from rising levels so far this year.
The California-judges-the wall ruling on Friday created yet another front in the growing legal, political and physical fight over immigration.
“All the President, trump has succeeded in building a constitutional crisis, the threat of immediate harm to our country,” said the California attorney General Xavier Becerra, who led a 20-state coalition of attorneys General in a legal dispute.
The 9 US. Circuit Court of Appeals is expected to last until the same Problem with the military next week.
The question is the trump card the February Declaration of a national emergency, so that it can redirect of 6.7 billion dollars from the military and other sources, at the beginning of the construction of the wall, began, could, as early as Monday.
Trump explained the need, after a lost battle with the Democratic-led house, led to a 35-day government shutdown. The President identified $3.6 billion of military construction funds, $ 2.5 billion from the defense Department counterdrug activities and $600 million from the Treasury Department for the confiscation of the assets of the Fund.
The judge on Friday is not a rule from the resources of the military construction and Treasury budgets.
In the second lawsuit, the American Civil Liberties Union, on behalf of the Sierra Club and the Southern border communities coalition, the judge found that the use of $ 2.5 billion for the two sectors of the wall was illegal, although he rejected the ecological arguments that the wall construction would threaten wildlife species such as bighorn sheep.
Fox News’ Brooke Singman and Jake Gibson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.