President-elect Donald Trump said Saturday he solves his philanthropist to avoid Foundation, “even the appearance” of a conflict of interest, as he is preparing to takeover the White house in the next month.
The plan to shutter the Donald J. Trump Foundation was not unexpected, in the midst of the ongoing criticism that Trump’s international real estate holdings and other companies present some conflict for him as the President of potential interest.
“The Foundation’s good works, has done tremendously over the years, a contribution of millions of dollars to countless worthy groups, including the support of veterans, law enforcement officers, and children” Trump said in a statement, the presidential transition office. “In order to avoid, however, even the appearance of a conflict with my role as President, I decided to pursue my strong interest in philanthropy in other ways.”
The statement also said that Trump has asked to start his legal team and the dissolution of the Foundation, of which he said operated for decades, basically no cost, and channeled 100 percent of the money for charitable purposes.
“But because I dedicated so much time and energy to the presidency, and the solution of the many problems facing our country and the world, I don’t want to have a good work in connection with a possible conflict of interest,” he said.
The Foundation is already the subject of an investigation by the New York attorney General in connection with fundraising efforts.
Who are the Trump organization at the Trump in the White house, also remains unclear, as the daughter Ivanka and son-directed in-law, Jared Kushner, now appear to work in the administration.
Trump’s announcement Saturday following son Eric Trump said last week that he would stop fundraising for his self-named Foundation.
In the last couple of weeks, Eric, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr, another son, moved from fundraising events, apparently to avoid to sell the look that you are trying to access to the future President.