News

To plan the Green New Deal infrastructure could cost trillions

nearvideo the green New Deal-infrastructure to plan, could trillion cost

WASHINGTON-Just a week after the roll-out of the Green New Deal, California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, threw a wet blanket on a large part of the ambitious resolution. He holds back California’s high-speed rail project by over 80 percent, and seemed to justify, and the remaining 20 percent only because of the money spent.

“Waiver of high-speed rail-complete means that we have wasted billions and billions of dollars with nothing more than broken promises,” he said.

Just as critics feared, today the railway project for a long time a projected cost of $10 billion in 10 years to $77 billion. Critics say it is a symbol of the utopian vision, the whole “Green New Deal”, which you feel, will cost trillions and have no positive effects on the infrastructure.

“I was hoping cofound a Green New Deal, about 15 years ago,” said Michael Shellenberger, the President of the Ecological progress, a pro-nuclear-fuel-group. “We have over 150 billion US$, applies to investments in renewable energy and other forms of clean tech from 2009 until 2015 and a lot of money to waste, maybe the most.”

AOC’S DISASTROUS ‘GREEN NEW DEAL’ IS AT RISK, CROSS-PARTY TRIES TO HELP OUR ENVIRONMENT

But even if the Green New Deal have been fully implemented and achieve a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions, net zero in 10 years, skeptics doubt it would have any noticeable impact on climate change or carbon dioxide emissions.

“We have already done that calculation,” said Dr. John Christie, the head of the University of Alabama, Huntsville Department of Atmospheric Studies. “If the United States disappeared from the planet right now, the impact of the global temperatures is only about a tenth of a degree by 2100.”

Germany offers an insight into what the American future under a Green New Deal.

“She is said to have spent $580 billion by 2025 on its transition to renewable energy,” Shellenberger. “But the issues were with the flat over the last 10 years. In other words, they have not gone yet.”

Video

He said this is because wind and solar require fossil fuel back-up for when it’s not windy or Sunny. Germans pay twice as much for electricity as neighboring France, where 75 percent of its energy from nuclear power plants. Wind and solar energy also require land extensive land.

NYT COLUMNIST BLASTS OCASIO-CORTEZ, A GREEN NEW DEAL

The Green New Deal also proposes the retrofitting every existing building in the United States, according to An estimate, it would cost alone is $1.4 trillion for residential buildings.

2017 Grenfell tower fire in London offers a cautionary example. The building was retrofitted with energy-saving panel. The panel helped to accelerate the fire as kindling. The tower it was like a feast. Over 70 people died.

High-rise infernos in Dubai were also saving panel deteriorated from power.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Australia scrapped, a government home retrofit program to almost 100 fires broke out, many of them caused by poor processing, which is used by poorly trained installers, the opportunity to cash in on the government program.

In the case of Grenfell tower, more effective fire-retardant panel was available, but was rejected because of the higher cost.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular