Seattle health officials are zeroing in on a Bellevue fish market after an unidentified woman infected with a deadly bacterial infection during the preparation of tilapia. Seattle and King County public Health officials said the likely source of infection came from the fish, which was purchased at the Asian Food Center, KIRO7 reported.
The woman, reportedly in her 50s, has since recovered, but the officials are to warn other customers who have purchased fish from this market place.
More about this…
Couple ties the knot in the nude after bride survives rare flesh-eating bacteria
Man dies 4 days after the flesh-eating bacterial infection
Flesh-eating bacteria claimed veterinarian limbs, but not on her driving
“Individuals who prepared or eaten fish of any kind from this location should contact their doctor if they develop signs of skin infection, fever, chills, or diarrhea in the seven days after the contact with the fish,” Dr. Jeff Duchin, health officer for Publich Health – Seattle and King County, told KIRO7.
“At this moment, there is no risk for people who have not been in contact with the fish from this location, but people should always take precautions when handling raw fish,” he added.
While the officials of the testing of samples of fish and fish tanks on the Asian Food Center and to concentrate on the tilapia, they are also to investigate whether other fish can be infected. All fish is processed on the market was sold, and the tanks and equipment are decommissioned until they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, KIRO7 reported.