The Red Devils have Belgian football history written with a bronze medal at the world cup in Russia.
The Red Devils have Saturday afternoon in St. Petersburg thanks to a 2-0 victory against England (rest: 1-0), the third position in the football world cup in Russia. Belgium ends so for the first time on the world CHAMPIONSHIP stage, the generation of 1986 returned with a fourth place back from the world cup in Mexico.
For the Belgians it was at the first chance touch. Romelu Lukaku sent Nacer Chadli with a doorsteekpass deep on the left. The ball came in front of goal, where the English defense came too late on the incoming Thomas Meunier, who returns after a suspension in the paint put down with the opening goal. 1-0 after four minutes of so, until deep in the second half put luminary Eden Hazard (82.) the 2-0 final score on the scoreboard of the Zenit Arena.
For the Belgians, it was already the second victory against England in this world cup, in the group stage there was the smallest difference (1-0) win for The Three Lions.
So join the Red Devils in their world cup in beauty and can be there Sunday in Brussels, plenty to be celebrated. The tournament the Red Devils had already succeeded, it could the result of this troosting nothing more to change. Though it was without a doubt acid as the Belgian produced the dream tournament ended with two defeats in a row.
Football world cup 2018 in Russia
- From now on, is the generation of 2018, the reference framework for the Belgian football
- The red Devils have a history with third place at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Because he is not for a French team drew, if Gilbert Desmet does not go to the Tour
- These 5 players scored in a world cup and Champions League finals. Sunday, a Croat in that list?
- A gift: the football players with the heart and the tongue in the right place
- Read all articles about world cup 2018 in Russia