LAS VEGAS Police on Wednesday released video from cameras worn by officers who were trying to find and stop a gunman opening fire from a Las Vegas Strip hotel and help victims injured during the deadliest mass shooting in modern AMERICAN history.
It marks the sixth party of the information released after media organizations, including The Associated Press, called for video, audio, and documents of the Oct. 1 shooting that killed 58 people injured and hundreds of others. Las Vegas police and the FBI refuses to comment on any of the material.
The images and documents do not shed light on a motive for the shooting, and Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, elected head of the Police, has said that the investigation is not identified.
Authorities say gunman Stephen Paddock acted alone and killed himself before police reached him.
Video, 911 calls and testimonies that were released earlier have made, sometimes graphic and heartbreaking details of people screaming for help, fall into the rapid gunfire and help each other escape from the massacre at an open air concert. The names are bleeped audio and blacked out on documents.
The police released video last week of a camera on top of the Mandalay Bay resort that provides a bird’s-eye view of a concert hall, where the 22,000 country music fans scattered as gunfire rained down from the windows of a room on the 32nd floor.
The department also released 518 files of 911 audio reflection of panic, fear and despair.
Previously released footage of two officers’ body-worn cameras showed the police blasting through the door of the room where authorities say Paddock killed himself before officers arrived. Paddock is seen dead on the ground.
Police reports, witness statements, and dispatch logs shared more detail about the confusion and heroism as the concert hall became a killing field. Some reports also described officers race from casino to casino on the Las Vegas Strip debunking reports of multiple shooters and bomb threats.
A preliminary police report released in January said the 64-year-old high-stakes player carefully planned attack, examined the police SWAT tactics, rented rooms with views of the outdoor concerts, and examined potential goals in at least four U.S. cities.
Lombardo has said that he expected that the final research report will be released next month. The FBI has plans to release a report of the commemoration of the shooting.