SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – A prosecutor says that the investigation into the discovery of three bodies at the Massachusetts home of a kidnapping suspect could take “days, if not longer.”
Hampden district Attorney Anthony Gulluni said Friday that ground-penetrating radar was brought in to help with the investigation, but no additional human remains were found.
He said everyone who lived in the house where it is believed the 40-year-old Stewart Weldon life, including a child, is accounted for and safe.
Weldon was Sunday arrested after a police chase. A woman in his car said Weldon had been kidnapped, sexually assaulted and beat her.
Weldon is being held on $ 1 million bail after pleading not guilty.
No one has been charged in connection with the discovery of the bodies, which is not yet public, is identified.