News

The Pentagon announces more US troops, but ‘not for thousands more, is providing the middle East

nearvideo President Trump tells US, has many opportunities to respond to Saudi oil attack

The White house weighs its options, such as Iran warns that a military response an “all-out-war”; chief White House correspondent John Roberts could report on the trigger.

The United States put more troops in the Middle East to deter Iran’s increasingly aggressive behavior in the region, top military officials said Friday night.

The Minister of defense Mark Esper, announced the deployment of Saudi-Arabia and the United Arab Emirates would be “defensive” in nature. He did not offer specific numbers or say when exactly they would go, but he said that the station consist of air and missile defense units.

If you are asked how many troops abroad, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford said, “not a thousand,” and added that it was “not a decision on a specific unit.”

Esper said the use of drones as a first step in the direction of the management of Iran’s increasingly violence in the region-including the last few weeks-attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities, and he called on other Nations to step up, and condemn the attacks.

This Saturday, Sept. 14 satellite image from Planet Labs Inc. shows thick, black smoke from Saudi Aramco, the Abqaiq oil processing facility in Buqyaq, Saudi Arabia. (Planet Labs Inc via AP)

Iran-supported Houthi rebels in Yemen responsibility for the Sept. 14 attack on the world’s largest oil-processing plant and a large oil field, but the US and Saudi Arabia accused Iran directly. Iran has denied involvement in the attack.

“It is clear [ … ] that the weapons that were used, produced in Iran and were not started from the Yemen,” Esper said Friday. He and Dunford gave an unscheduled press conference after a meeting with President Trump earlier in the day.

All of the characters stand up, “was Iran responsible for the attack,” Esper said.

“The United States is not seeking conflict with Iran,” he said. “That means we have a lot of other military options, if necessary.”

IRAN WARNS OF ‘WAR’ IF US RETURNS THE FAVOR, IN CONSEQUENCE OF THE SAUDI-OIL-PLANT BOMB ATTACKS

Officials said the U.S. calls on Iran immediately to its aggressive and destabilizing activities in the region and noted Saudi Arabia has “full US commitment” to defend Saudi Arabia and its oil infrastructure, they noted.

Defense officials told Fox News on Thursday that the Trump administration’s weighing the option to send more troops to the Middle East.

“We have said a robust presence in the Gulf region,” Esper. “We feel very confident in terms of our own defence posture, and the ability to do anything else as necessary.”

Currently, there are about 70,000 service-members stationed in the region.

Video

Iranian foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif warned on Thursday that it could all be a “-out-war” would lead “many of the victims,” attacked, if Tehran, as a retaliation for the bomb attacks in Saudi Arabia the oil facilities.

“I make a very serious statement, which we do not want to be in a military confrontation,” Zarif told CNN. “But we will not blink to defend our territory.”

Secretary of state Mike Pompeo had not tweeted tolerated behavior threatened the day before the “Iranian regime,” calling the attacks an “act of war.”

POMPEO ACCUSED IRAN OF “UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK” AFTER THE DRONES HIT SAUDI OIL INSTALLATIONS

Trump said earlier this week it was “looked like” Iran was responsible for the attack, but stopped short of directly accusing Tehran.

The Saudis on Wednesday displayed what they said were Iranian weapons collected after the attack and showed video footage of what is being said, it was a drone from the North. However, as in Yemen, where the Houthi rebels are – is a Kingdom in the South of the Kingdom.

Video

A Saudi military official said, 18 drones, and seven cruise missiles were launched, with three missiles fail to hit their targets. The rockets were said to have a range of 435 miles, the weapons experts told The Associated Press said they had not fired from Yemen.

Contributed to Fox News’ Lucas Tomlinson, Edmund DeMarche, Sam Dorman, Greg Norman and Morgan Phillips this report, as well as The Associated Press.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular