News

The man alive after a New Year’s Eve choking dies tragedy

(GoFundMe/Support for Brian O’neill)

The man is fighting for his life after choking during a new year’s celebration died on Saturday. Brian O’neill’s story made headlines after a doctor at the celebration performed an emergency tracheotomy with a steak knife in an attempt to open O’neill’s of the airways.

O’neill, 51, was on life-support in Nebraska Medical Center after the rescue attempt. He died in the presence of family, including his wife and high school sweetheart, Joan, and their 20-year-old twin sons, Patrick and Ryan, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

More about this…

  • The family asks the agent to be the baby’s godfather after he saves her from choking

  • Can new devices matches the Heimlich to stop choking?

  • Family seeks answers after girl dies from choking on marshmallow

O’neill voluntary youth basketball and baseball in his parish, St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church.

When O’neill fell unconscious after choking on a piece of meat on the New Year’s Eve party, five men, including a doctor and an off-duty police sergeant, an attempt to revive him with the Heimlich maneuver before the doctor tried to open the airway with a steak knife.

Friends created a GoFundMe page for the family and raised more than $34,000 to date.

 

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular