LITTLE ROCK, arkansas. – The Latest news about the arrest of a suspect in the fatal shooting of a 3-year-old boy in Little Rock (all times are local):
The U. S. Marshals Service says a man has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a 3-year-old boy in Little Rock in the course of what the police described as a road-rage incident.
U. S. Marshals Service senior inspector in Little Rock, Joshua Kaplan says the 33-year-old Gary Eugene Holmes was taken into custody Thursday night without incident in connection with the murder last week of Acen King.
Pulaski County jail records show that Holmes was booked at about 11 a.m. on the preliminary charges of capital murder and committing a terrorist act. Court records show Holmes is scheduled for a video arraignment Friday morning. Not that a lawyer information for Holmes.
Little Rock police said the boy was struck by gunfire, while his grandmother’s car was at a stop sign.
Authorities say a man suspected of a deadly shooting of a 3-year-old boy in a road rage incident in Little Rock has been arrested.
The Arkansas Democrat Gazette reports that the Assistant-Procurator of the V. S. Patrick Harris said late Thursday that the man is taken into custody.
KATV reports that Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola told ABC News that a family member had in the suspect.
The police says Acen King was taken on a shopping trip by his grandmother on Dec. 17 when a driver opened fire on the grandmother’s car because he thought they were not fast enough at a stop sign.”
The grandmother, who was not hit, drove away and called the police from a shopping mall. The boy was taken to a hospital, where he died shortly afterwards.