The Honduran set for guilty plea in the Florida mall bombing case

MIAMI – Court documents show a Honduran man is set to plead guilty in a plot to bomb a busy Florida mall food court in support of the Islamic State extremist group.

A federal judge has a change of plea hearing Wednesday for the 53-year-old Vicente Adolfo Solano, who had previously pleaded not guilty. The court documents indicate Solano will plead guilty to a single count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization, which carries a maximum 20-year prison sentence.

The FBI says Solano wanted to detonate a bomb in October last year at the Dolphin Mall in Miami, but is working with an undercover FBI agents who gave him a fake bomb for his arrest.

Despite Solano the advance of the Islamic State sympathizers, the FBI says that there are no links to terrorist groups were found.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular