News

The filipino doctor denies he funded New York bombing plots

MANILA, Philippines – A Filipino doctor accused by U.S. authorities of plotting attacks in New York City, in Times Square, appeared in a Manila court and told reporters that the money he sent to a good cause was interpreted as the funds intended for the financing of the disturbed plots.

Russell Salian smiled Tuesday as he was led away in handcuffs by the government agents after his brief appearance in the Manila court ruled that the handling of a U.S. extradition request that he has sworn to fight.

A US official said that the AMERICAN Justice system will do anything to Salian stand trial in America, in the “very serious” case.

U.S. prosecutors said last month that Salian was one of the three Islamic State group sympathizers who plotted attacks in New York, which were thwarted.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular