nearvideo trump announces the suspension of the tour of Europe, economic aid measures over coronavirus
Reaction from former White house physician Dr. Ronny Jackson, and Fox News medical speakers Dr. Marc Siegel and Dr. Nicole sapphire.
Heads of government of the European Union, aired frustration Thursday about President Trump, the decision to restrict the freedom of travel of European countries due to the coronavirus, also accused the President, to keep you in the dark.
While Trump had initially said that all of the trips from Europe were restricted, American officials went on to clarify that it relates to the majority of foreign-born people in Europe’s passport-free Schengen area within 14 days prior to arrival in the United States
AOC CALLS FOR UNIVERSAL INCOME “MEDICARE FOR ALL” AS PART OF THE CORONAVIRUS REPLY
“The Corona-Virus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent, and it requires close cooperation rather than unilateral measures,” EU Council President Charles Michel, and the President of the European Commission, and Ursula von der Leyen said in a statement. “The European Union deplores the fact that the US impose a decision, a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation. The European Union is a decisive action to stop the spread of the virus.”
The processing area consists of 26 countries, including France, Italy, German, Greece, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland.
The United Kingdom and Ireland are not in the spell.
CORONA VIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Trump’s address came hours after the world health organization declared the COVID-19 a global pandemic and the number of confirmed cases in the US rose to more than 1,200.
“The virus will not stand a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient,” Trump. “We are all together in this. We have to put aside the primacy of politics, stop the cronyism and unite together as a nation and a family.”
Already, more than 17,000 cases of COVID-19 were detected in Europe with the virus in all 27 EU countries.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Earlier in the week, von der Leyen announced to come to EUR 7.5 billion, “corona’s reply-investment-Fund” with additional resources. The Fund focuses on the support of the structures of health care and small businesses and labor markets affected by the outbreak.
In the meantime, the EU has announced prevent canceled official meetings to the spread of the virus, Denmark, the closure of all schools and day-care centers and the U.S. military has scaled back the number of troops, the participation in the coming war games that were planned throughout the continent in the next six months.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.