You can save a lot by keeping this in mind: Summer is not the season for the trip.
If you have nothing else in the planning of your holiday, please compare prices of airline tickets instead of going to one or two airline sites; it is the easiest and most reliable way to save on airfare.
But you can save much more by keeping this in mind: Summer is not the season for the trip. I know because I analyzed millions of flight combinations to find cheapest average number of days to fly; I then took what I learned and put it in a convenient, seasonal vacation planner.
Since Jan. 3, the flights are generally for a bargain — and it will stay that way in the beginning of March, when the weekend rates start to rise. January and February are also cheap periods for travel to Europe.
- Tip: Tickets are cheaper, but you still have to buy them in the presale, from about two weeks to a month before the start of domestic travel, and a bit more for Europe. When you shop for tickets now to fly in the next day or so, you have to pay the steep prices business travelers are charged.
UNITED AIRLINES CHANGING EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OF THE POLICY, THE BANNING OF YOUNG PUPPIES, KITTENS
The last part of March will see weekend tickets cost about 30 percent more than Tuesday/Wednesday flights. Weekend rates to rise even more in April and May rates overall are still higher, especially towards the end of the month. For European travel, try to fly by May 21 — the last day for the more expensive, pre-summer prices kick in.
- Tip: the Spring is cheaper than in the summer, so if you can fly before June.
Plan ahead, and the chances are that you’ll save at least something.
For the US flights, June 13, is the beginning of a pre-summer rates, and during the high season the prices start 23 June. These high prices in general will remain in force for the united states to travel to July. For travel in Europe, the highest prices will be charged for flights in the end of June; the rates actually drop a bit for July.
- Tip: Rates drop for fall travel in the U.S. starting Aug. 20; Europe, it is expected that the prices will fall soon after.
LOVE LETTER WRITTEN ON THE AIRLINES ‘BARF BAG’ GOES VIRAL
Unfortunately we can not specifically about the autumn dates because airlines do not actively manage prices than nine months. Yes, some airlines sell tickets for travel after this point, but those tickets tend to be mid-range prices and not the best offers. Here is some general guidelines to help you map fall travel plans.
- Fly: In the united states, September, October, and especially in the beginning of November are very cheap; at the beginning of December is a bargain for the travel period, also. Europe flights are generally cheaper from late September to mid-December.
- Not fly: The days around holidays, especially Thanksgiving (Nov. 28); this is almost always the most expensive time of the year to fly in the US
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS
Note: If you do nothing else, compare the prices with other airlines, and the chances are that you’ll save at least something.