News

The assistant scoutmaster was arrested, he was accused of sexual assault of a 12-year-old boy

to connectVideoFox News Flash, important news for the month of November. 2

Fox News Flash, important news for the month of November. 2 are used here. Check out what to click on Foxnews.com

Become an assistant scoutmaster, on Long Island, new york has been charged with sexually abusing a 12-year-old boy at Boy Scout retreats, and other gatherings across the 11-month period of the previous year.

Jonathan Spohrer, 26, was arrested by Nassau County police in his North Bellmore home on Thursday. He’s pleaded not guilty Friday to the charge of second-degree sexual conduct against a child.

Spohrer’s lawyer, Joseph Carbone, Jr., said his client denies the accusations against him.

POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING NEW SEX ABUSE CLAIMS AGAINST JERRY SANDUSKY

Jonathan Spohrer, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual conduct against a child. (Nassau County Police via AP)

“We look forward to continuing to vigorously defend against these allegations in court, and to have faith in the justice system that presumes the innocence of the accused,” Carbone said Saturday.

The police department says it’s Spohrer abused the boy when the two lived a Boy Scout’s retreats throughout the state of New York from January up to and including November 2018.

Chris Coscia, chief executive officer of the Theodore Roosevelt Council of the Boy Scouts, said the organization was “shocked and horrified” at the alleged conduct.

THE SOUTH CAROLINA SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIM, CUTTING THROUGH THE ATTACKER-PENIS-AFTER-ATTACK: POLICE

“Upon learning of these reports, we have deleted this and banned him from any further participation in our programs,” Coscia said in a statement. He said that the Scouts have a multi-layered process, and the safeguards” to prevent abuse.

The news of the Spohrer of the alleged abuse when the Boy Scouts of America, will be faced with a large number of legal cases over alleged sexual misconduct.

Last week, the organisation said that it would raise fees by more than 80 percent in the next year, in order to help alleviate some of the financial burden associated with ongoing litigation from the plaintiffs ‘ alleged sexual abuse by scout leaders when they were younger.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FOX NEWS APP

“[T]he Boy Scouts of America made this difficult, but necessary decision so that we can continue to provide essential services that support a once-in-a-lifetime experiences in a safe and welcoming place to be,” the organization said in a statement to Fox News.

The Associated Press and the Bradford Betz has contributed to the report

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular