to connectVideoPolice: at least two dead, one seriously injured at Texas church shooting
By Christina Coleman it has the latest update on the deadly shooting rampage at a Fort Worth church.
Two men were killed and another man was wounded in a shooting at a church in Texas on Sunday — the latest in a string of attacks on houses of worship over the past few years.
Sunday’s shooting unfolded at about 9:57 a.m., at the West Freeway Church of Christ, which is located in the city of White Settlement, outside of Fort Worth.
A spokeswoman for MedStar Mobile Healthcare, an ambulance service, told The Associated Press that two people had been shot and killed, one of whom is the shooter, a third person is in critical condition, suffered a cardiac arrest but was revived.
A SUSPECT IN THE HANUKKAH STINGS IN NEW YORK THE RABBI’S HOME, PLEADED NOT GUILTY TO ATTEMPTED MURDER CHARGES
An elder in the church told the New York Times that one of the dead was a security guard who responded to the gunman, who held him as a dear friend. “He was trying to do what he needed to do in order to protect the rest of us,” Mike Tinius said.
At least 13 fatal shootings that have occurred in the American houses of worship in the last couple of years:
1. June 2015: Charleston, South Carolina: Dylann Roof, 21’s, sprouts, and put the nine black members of the church, at a bible study group at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. The police contend the attack was a hate crime. A jury sentenced him to death in January 2017, and he is now on death row in Terre Haute, Indiana.
2. August, 2015: Waynesville, North Carolina: Wade, Allen, Baker, Clyde, North Carolina, died after an exchange of gunfire with police, who responded to a 911 call, claiming that the men had been shot and killed at the Maple Grove Baptist Church in Waynesville, North Carolina, and no one else was, in fact, injured in the gunfire.
3. January 2015: the East, Selma, Alabama-A man was charged with three counts of attempted murder following the shooting of his girlfriend, their baby, and a minister located in the dwelling place of the Church in the East, Selma, Alabama.
4. October, 2015: Detroit, Michigan: A Detroit pastor was shot and killed a man during the Sunday services of the church, and when the man looked at the pastor with a brick, police said. The priest pulled out his Glock handgun and fired several shots, killing the man in Detroit, according to police.
5. February 2016: Dayton, Ohio: A gunman opens fire in California. Peter’s Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio, and the killing of the priest. More than 20 people have been reported to be present in the church at the time of the shooting,
6. In April 2017, in North Wales, Pennsylvania: Authorities say a dispute between two members of the Keystone Fellowship Church in Philadelphia, pennsylvania, a suburb, during a Sunday worship service is concluded with a person to shoot and kill the other one. Authorities did not say what the fault was, in the evangelical church.
7. May, 2017: Kansas City, Missouri: to be A church greeter, was shot dead, while welcoming parishioners from a church in the southern part of the greater Kansas City area, according to police. The accused went to the House of Refuge Worship of the Church through a back door, and fired multiple shots, police said. Greeter Montell, Bruce was hit in the head, but his injuries were not life-threatening, authorities said.
8. June, 2017: the Oakland, California Police have arrested a man who they say fired eight bullets into a religious statue outside of St. Felicitas Catholic Church in Oakland, California. They investigated the shooting as a hate crime. No one was injured, but a police a spokesman for the police said that the officers struggled with the man, the subject, when he was taken into custody. The name of the person who was arrested was not immediately released. He was described as a white male in his mid-30s.
9. September 2017: Nashville, Tn-A woman was killed and seven others were injured after a suspect is identified as a Sudanese immigrant, opened fire in a Tennessee church, and he said to the police, the FBI, the go-ahead was given for a civil rights investigation into the shooting.
10. November 2017: Fresno, California: A man is waiting in a church parking lot shot and killed his estranged wife and her boyfriend after they came out of the Mass of the Pc. Alphonsus Church. The man, Manuel Garcia, 64, drove up to the house on 11 minutes and when the SWAT officers massed outside, he took his own life.
11. November 2017: Sutherland Springs, Texas, with 26 people have been killed and 20 others were injured in a shooting in front of the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs. Devin Patrick Kelly fired at least 450 rounds at the church, authorities said. A neighborhood resident was shot dead, and wounded Captain before the killer drove away, and, ultimately, the end-of-life of its own, according to authorities.
12. October, 2018: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-A man opened fire in the Tree of Life synagogue with anti-Semitic attacks, killing 11 people and injuring six others.
13. April 2019: Poway, California-One person was killed and at least three were wounded by a gunman at Chabad of Poway, a synagogue.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FOX NEWS APP
Fox News’ Stephen Scarola, and The Associated Press contributed to this report.