Man catches a 6-foot rattlesnake, suffers a heart attack after
An Oklahoma man who caught a 6-foot rattlesnake a heart attack 20 minutes after the chase.
A 1-year-old Abilene, Texas boy was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after he was bitten by a baby rattlesnake that was hiding in a toy outside his home.
The toddler, who has not yet been identified, was taken to the hospital after the rattlesnake bit his hand, causing it to swell, KTAB-TV reported.
The boy is at this moment still unclear. However, KTAB-TV reported that it could be serious, because he was transferred to the hospital in “the highest priority.”
In the light of the incident, the local animal control officials are looking for the hotel for more snakes.
Despite popular belief, snakes are not able to survive extreme heat for more than 20 minutes at a time, according to the U. S. Forest Service. Wildlife officials warn that this can lead to snakes to search for cooler places in more populated areas.
Arizona officials issued a similar warning to residents last week after a family in the Phoenix area found a number of rattlesnakes hidden in a pool noodle.
The Buckeye Fire department urged residents to remain calm in the event of a rattlesnake encounter.
“One of the worst things you can do when you have a rattlesnake is to start in a panic. Snakes rely on vibrations in the ground to determine where you are. As you begin to move, quickly and abruptly, you’ll only scare the snake more,” the ministry wrote in a Facebook post. “If you have seen the snake before you came it, give it a lot of space. You can easily walk by it without frightening. Keep in mind that the rattlesnakes can strike in great lengths, so give it as much space as possible.”
Madeline Farber is a Reporter for Fox News. You can follow her on Twitter @MaddieFarberUDK.