MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – Authorities say a teenager is accused of starting a shootout, that tourists and locals scrambling for cover in Miami Beach.
Miami Beach police tell local news outlets that dozens of bullets were fired during the shooting spree early Tuesday on Ocean Drive. No one was injured. The 17-year-old recently escaped a police chase was but to hide in his apartment and is now facing multiple charges.
The shooting occurred among a group of people standing on the sidewalk and another group crossing Ocean Drive.
Police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez says that three people were taken into custody after the shooting. Only the toe remains in custody.
While the government has not yet said what led to the shooting, Rodriguez tells reporters there was an argument earlier on the same location.