The 30-year-old Daniel Essa stood for an uncertain future as a refugee when he in 2014 Syria fled. Today he is the proud owner of his own sneakermerk and concept store in Lille.
The Syrian designer Daniel Essa studied fashion in Damascus, received a distinction and built his own studio. But by the eternal war in his homeland, he estimated the chances of a successful career are small. Therefore, he decided to France flights. Today lives the designer in Lille, near the Belgian border, where he with a clean slate and started his own leather sneakers to design.
Are sneakercollectie is chic and minimalist, each couple has a personal touch: “In each shoe, you will find a word such as peace, because I sincerely hope that one day there will be peace in the world’, says Essa in an interview.
Actress Whoopi Goldberg is already under the impression of Essa’s sneakers: after they have a few in the United States scoffed, she placed right away an order. The average price of a pair of sneakers from his collection amounts to approximately 330 euro.
- Syrian refugee launches luxury sneakermerk in France
- Bottega Veneta appoints successor of Tomas Maier
- German designer Tomas Maier leave Bottega Veneta
- Gallery, Sofie Van de Velde wins the prize for innovation during Art Basel
- Belgian Chef-Lode De Roover punch to wereldfinale Bocuse d’or
- Read all articles about Telex