Sylvester Stallone recently teased a fifth ‘Rambo’ movie on social media.
It seems there is something to the long-term rumors that a fifth installment in the “Rambo” franchise is on its way. The film stars, Sylvester Stallone, posted an image that appears to tease an upcoming sequel.
On Saturday, Stallone posted a picture of social media. A sketch of John Rambo with his back to the spectator appears to stand in the rain with a kind of knife.
“A WILD RISE. … soon,” the star cryptic caption of the image.
… A WILD RISE. … soon .
He followed it the next day with a close-up animated picture of the character, along with the caption even more enigmatic title, “… The Devil came from Arizona.”
“… The Devil came from Arizona”. @rambomovie
According to TheWrap, the title is perhaps a hint at the rumored title for the fifth film, ‘ Rambo V: The Wild Hunt.” In 2009, there are rumors about a fifth installment in the Rambo saga spread as Stallone’s return to the character in the fourth film was $113 million worldwide against a $50 million budget.
However, the project was ultimately lost with Stallone to tell Empire Magazine in 2010 that ” Rambo “was done Pretty well.” The news came as a bit of a shock for Stallone fans, who not only saw him star in a trio of “Expendables” films, but has reprised his role of Rocky Balboa in seven movies, with an eighth on the way.
“I was going to do it,” he told the magazine. “I said that I would never talk about this, but I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went to the house. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don’t want that to happen.”
So far there is no word or official announcement on a “Rambo V.”