News

Suspicious attack in New York was prosecuted for using explosives

Suspicious attack in New York was prosecuted for using explosives

Photo: AFP

The 28-year-old man on Monday was detained in the investigation into the explosions in New York on Saturday is, among others, sued for the use of weapons of mass destruction.

That has the American prosecutor announced. He is also charged with conducting a bomb attack on a public site. He would make parts for the bomb, have bought on Ebay, according to the prosecutor.

A third indictment concerns the destruction of property by fire or explosives, the fourth complaint is about the use of a weapon for slaughter.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, such as the suspect is called, is also suspected of leaving bombs in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Went there this weekend and explosives when a bomrobot a backpack examined. The defendant was in Linden (New Jersey) were arrested after a had exchanged fire with the police.

Was previously Rahami indicted for attempting to murder police officers and “illegal possession of firearms and illegal possession of weapons with an unlawful purpose”. At the time of his arrest were two agents wounded. One officer was saved by his bulletproof vest, the other was probably hit by flying glass fragments.

Video: Police picks up a suspicious bombings in New York after shooting

Diary

Investigators who investigate the case have a diary in which the suspect Osama Bin laden worships and the United States accuses of the “slaughter” of islamic fighters in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Palestine. Also, there are instructions to “non-believers attack.”

The FBI said previously no evidence to have found a terrorist cell. Also, governor Andrew Cuomo of New York said they had no reason to have that thinking Sunday night were related to the investigation, five persons held in a car from the direction from New Jersey to Brooklyn, reason. The people would have weapons on themselves have had.

Or there is a link between Rahami and the five arrested persons wanted the FBI did not say. However, reported a spokesperson for that at this time no other persons are suspected.

The Public Ministry considers the terrorist attacks in New York and New Jersey as acts of terrorism. The research by the ministry of justice is, as such, conducted, said minister of Justice, Loretta Lynch Tuesday.

Research

In the thirteen-page indictment give FBI agents detailed the findings of their research. So wanted Rahami a run of the Seaside Semper Five Marine Corps hard to take, that at nine o’clock in the morning in New Jersey would start, but that race started at a later date.

The weapon would have to consist of three pijpbommen and a mobile phone as a timer to the bomb to let go, but only one pijpbom exploded.

The injuries of the various victims are explained in detail.

Attack

With the attack in the New York district of Chelsea were 29 people injured. The police came shortly after the explosion in Chelsea on a second explosive device made of a pressure cooker. The discovery happened more or less by chance. The police found the explosive on the sidewalk of 27th Street, after two men about the thing were stumbled and decided the bag to take. The explosive they left behind on the street. It turns out that that according to the police after examining camera images.

It is unclear what the men drifted to the bag to take. Nevertheless, the men regarded as witnesses and not as suspects. The police would like with them in conversation.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular