News

Suspicious attack in New York accused to attempt to murder agents

Suspicious attack in New York accused to attempt to murder agents

Photo: AFP

The 28-year-old man on Monday was detained in the investigation into the explosions in New York on Saturday has been sued for attempted murder on police officers.

That has the American prosecutor announced. He is also charged with “illegal possession of firearms and illegal possession of weapons with an unlawful purpose”. There is a 5.2 million dollar deposit required. There is still no indictment in relation to the bombing.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, such as the suspect is called, was in Linden (New Jersey) were arrested after a had exchanged fire with the police. In the shooting were two agents wounded. One officer was saved by his bulletproof vest, the other was probably hit by flying glass fragments.

The suspect, an American of Afghan origin, was also injured, but is not in danger. On images was to see that he was on a stretcher was hit was in the shoulder.

Video: Police picks up a suspicious bombings in New York after shooting

Police picks up a suspicious bombings in New York after shooting

Instructions

Rahami is suspected to be a Saturday together with several people in an attack in the New York city borough of Chelsea to have committed. It got 29 people injured.

A second explosive was found on 27th Street. Previously occurred in New Jersey all have a blast in Seaside Park. Monday morning was in New Jersey a backpack with five explosives found.

The police then gave a photo free of Rahami, who resides in Elizabeth. According to NBC News, police Rahami on the track after a fingerprint of him was found on one of the explosives that are not sounded. Also was on the phone with the explosives attached was information about the man.

Rahami would be just before the shooting by a police officer noticed, while he was sleeping in the doorway of a bar.

Obama

President Obama admitted in an earlier speech to know that a person was arrested, but confirmed yet that it Rahami went.

“I am the police grateful that they have been able to act”, let Obama know. “We have been fortunate that no one was killed.”

Obama said no evidence that Rahami had ties with the man who, a day later, nine people neerstak in St. Cloud, Minnesota. That attack has now been claimed by Islamic State (IS).

Terrorist cell

Allows Rahami, who previously would have been uitgereisd to Afghanistan, part of a terrorist cell. According to Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York, it seems the attack is more and more becoming a terrorist act, despite the fact that he a day earlier had indicated that there is no international terrorism.

The FBI said Monday in a statement no clues have been found for a terrorist cell.

Sunday night were related to the investigation, five persons held in a car from the direction from New Jersey to Brooklyn, reason. The people would have weapons on themselves have had.

Or there is a link between Rahami and the five arrested persons wanted the FBI did not say. However, reported a spokesperson for that at this time no other persons are suspected.

Video: What we know about the explosives in the New York and New Jersey

What we know about the explosives in the New York and New Jersey

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular