If you this morning, you’re probably at least six months in the relationship.
It takes a new pair of seven and a half months for a relationship to reach a “comfort zone”, according to new research.
A new study of 2,000 coupled-up Americans are finding that the biggest characters that you have entered the comfort zone, allowing your significant other to take care of you when you’re sick, not wearing makeup and not shaving your legs or face.
SEE: BRIDE CAN BRIDESMAIDS WEAR OLD WEDDING DRESSES FOR HER CEREMONY
According to the research, it takes an average of seven months for couples to have their first conversation about marriage/children and about six months to introduce a significant other to their parents.
Milestones such as crying in front of your partner, as well as feeling comfortable enough to snore while sleeping next to your partner, also proved to be too great tells that your relationship has reached that next level.
The study, carried out by OnePoll on behalf of Mattress Firm, also revealed it takes nearly five months before they are comfortable showering in the other place, almost six months to the point where sitting in silence is not strange, and almost seven months to feel comfortable using the bathroom with the door open.
Surprisingly, the research has also shown that it takes eight months to share a Netflix/Hulu account, that is, entertaining, three months longer than it takes the average couple shower their significant other home.
Try their first, the name of your pet.
SURVEY TO FIND THE BEST TIME TO MAKE A FEW OF THE HOLIDAY
The results showed that four in five people say that they prefer to sleep in bed with their partner, and it takes almost five months for couples comfortable doing. According to the results, conversation in the bedroom can be a lost art, as only 39 percent of the couples say they engage in pillow talk after sex. And in spite of the annoying habits such as snoring and fidgeting, more than half of the surveyed couples report of the sleep quality actually improves when sleeping with their partner.
“If you snore, gravity is not your friend, but a slight elevation of your head and neck reduces some of the force of gravity’s pull, and makes for a more open airway,” said Dr. Sujay Kansagra, pediatric neurologist and Firm Mattress to sleep medical adviser.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
Still, most people are happier when the relationship hits the comfort zone, as 65 percent of the couples sleep in the same bed every night, and 70 percent of the respondents said that they do not miss sleeping alone.
Results: How long does it take, on average, to the following ‘firsts’?
- Gender: 4 months, 17 days
- Sleep in the same bed: 4 months, 21 days
- Shower at the other place: 4 months, 29 days
- Crying in front of the partner: 5 months, 24 days
- Sit in silence without the awkward: 5 months, 27 days
- Talk about your/her period: 6 months, 13 days
- Naked around the house: 6 months, 18 days
- Share a deep secret: 6 months, 19 days
- Let your partner care/see you when you’re sick: 6 months, 21 days
- Make use of the bathroom with the door open: 6 months, 24 days
- To pass Gas in front of the partner: 6 months, 25 days
- Talk about marriage/children: 7 months, 1 day
- Go on vacation together: 7 months, 7 days
- Sharing a password: 7 month 17 days
- The sharing of a Netflix/Hulu account: 7 months, 24 days