News

‘Surreal’: Suspicious parents in Slender Man case expressing their initial shock

 

The parents of one of the two 12-year-old Wisconsin girls charged with attempted murder over an attack in order to impress the fictional Internet character Slender Man said Monday their daughter, the situation was “surreal” — and they did not know that her case belonged in adult court.

WISCONSIN GIRLS WILL BE TRIED SEPARATELY IN ‘SLENDER MAN’ CASE

“It was really kind of surreal from the moment I got the phone call,” Bill Weier, Anissa Weier’s father told ABC’s “Good Morning America” about the moment he learned his daughter was involved.

Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser allegedly stabbed another girl 19 times in the woods of a suburb of Milwaukee in 2014.

DEFENSE IN ‘SLENDER MAN’ STABBING PLOT REQUESTS OUTSIDE JURY

They expect to be tried as adults later this year.

The girl who was stabbed survived the attack. The suspects are in custody after a judge denied their motions for bail reduction last year.

Both have pleaded not guilty on the ground of mental illness and face up to 65 years in prison, if convicted.

The Weier family agreed to take part in an upcoming HBO documentary about Slender Man – an anonymous white character in a black suit – in the hope that other parents will take note of their children’s activities online.

“If we were not able to help our daughter,” Kristi Weier told ABC News, “we might be able to help someone else.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular