Sure 23 Pakistanis died after drinking home alcohol
During the christmas season are 23 Pakistanis in the city of Toba Tek Singh died by drinking home alcohol, the police on Tuesday known.
Also had at least 45 people are treated because of alcohol poisoning. Most of the people who were getting sick were christian.
The maker and provider of the toxic beverage is one of the dead, says the police. He had the drink made at home and sold it in plastic bags.
It is not uncommon for people in Pakistan die from drinking toxic home-alcohol. This often happens around religious festivals. In march died forty people, among whom mainly hindus, after drinking homemade alcohol in the run-up to the celebration of Holi.
For muslims in Pakistan is illegal to drink alcohol, and religious minority groups have permits needed for alcohol officially to be able to buy.