You can robocalls will finally be stopped? (iStock)
Robocalls have plagued us for many years. They’ve interrupted our conversation, which have dominated our lines of work, and the spread of false information across the country. The nation’s do Not Call registry is pretty useless at stopping them.
You are able to spend money on robocall blocking apps, that may provide some relief. Tap or click here if you would like to give some of the best robocall apps to block a shot.
Apple’s new iOS 13, a robocall-blocking function. In theory, it will send all the unknown caller directly to your voice mail, but there is a big problem, and the engineers did not take into consideration. Tap or click to turn on robocall blocking on the iPhone, and we know the disadvantages in doing so.
Then, there’s call screening by Google Assistant over the Phone, in the app, which only works on the Pixels of the phones and select Android phones. It screens your calls, and give you a transcript, but it is not always properly understood by the caller. Tap or click here to see more info on this.
It’s those times when phone calls can be a real hassle, but now that the FCC is beginning to address robocalls, the largest of the phone companies are following suit. Each and every carrier is unique tactics in order to fight back. Depending on your provider, there are several steps you have to follow.
As soon as you start to turn your carrier’s tools are easy to use, you can expect to receive a significant reduction in the pre-recorded call to the non-quoted false or misleading caller Id. Yes, it’s true.
In order to fight the robocalls, AT&T, which offers a free service for customers called the Call to Protect , which includes features such as automatic call-blocking and spam alert. AT&T’s Call to Protect is comprised of the following:
- An automatic Fraud Block Scans and blocks suspicious scam phone calls, whether they are automated or not.
- Spam is a Risk of Blocking: Block calls, or send them to voice mail if they are identified as Spam, is at Risk.”
- Unknown caller: Anyone who is not in your contact list can be sent directly to voice mail.
- The personal Block List: you Build a custom list to block unwanted callers.
- Siri Shortcuts: Allows you to block and report unwanted calls with the help of Siri.
- Custom Controls for Calls, select the calls in the categories of accept, block or send straight to voice mail.
For $3.99 per month, you can sign-up for a Call to Protect the Plus. It also has an Automatic Fraud Block and the private Block List, as well as a number of other functions:
- Improved Caller-ID: Displays the information about the “unknown” caller.
- Reverse Number Lookup: Find a number you don’t recognize.
Please try the free version before signing up for anything else. Call to Protect has been enabled by going to the settings area of your account on the myAT&T, and the time after that. More information is available here.
It also offers a free service called Call Filter. It offers spam detection, blocking, and reporting. If you are an existing Verizon customer on a qualifying plan with a compatible Android device, you will automatically be entered into the free version of Call Filter that. To have these features on your iPhone, to download Call Filter in the app store.
It also offers a beefed-up version called the Call Filter Plus, which is $2.99 per month for one line and $7.99 per month for accounts that have three or more qualifying lines. Here are just a few of the extra features that you get with the Call Filter, Plus:
- Real-time alerts: Get alerts on your incoming call screen, to help prevent spam phone calls.
- Spam research: access to a database of over 100 million spam callers.
- The personal Block List: Block a unknown number of times, and never receive a call from them again.
- Spam-Risk-M: This function ranks a person based on a robocall of a chance.
You can also choose to subscribe on a line by itself, whether it is the free version of Call Filter or the premium version for access to your My Verizon account or for the account of an entry in the Call Filter in the app. The free version is good enough for me, and probably for you as well.
Free robocall blocking features, T-Mobile, by default, are turned on. These features include:
- Scam and ID: Clients are automatically notified when there is an incoming call, it is most likely a scam. It’s not an app and you don’t have to be an opt-in or turn it on, as long as it works at the level of the network by means of a T-Mobile phone number via caller id.
- Scam-Blocking: If this is checked, T-Mobile will stop scam calls to your cell phone. Customers are able to make a call to #662# in their My T-Mobile account, or the Name of the ID in the app.
- Caller is Verified, Users will be able to see if the incoming call is authentic.
For an additional fee of $4 per month per line, subscribers gain access to, the company, the Name ID app, which will allow you to build a custom blocklists are based on the categories and the frequent callers. If you would like to upgrade it with the Name of the ID feature on the iPhone, enter the Name of the ID service with your account on myt-mobile.com or, call 611 from your cell phone. If you have the Name ID app from the App store. For Android phone users, download the Name ID app from the Google Play Store.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the Sprint will not provide you with a free robocall blocker. The Premium Caller ID feature, and is available for $2.99 per month per line, and displays the names of your callers, even if they aren’t in your address book. On select devices, the screen and block the unwanted robocalls.
You will need to contact Sprint to do so. Click or tap here to download the application for ipad, iPhone, or click or tap here to download for Android.
If you have a Sprint phone, try using a free robocall blocking apps that I mentioned at the beginning of this article.
As of today, we do not know what’s coming to T-Mobile-Sprint merger will have an impact on the companies’ robocall features, but analysts are speculating that T-Mobile’s features will be available for Sprint users, not the other way around. For more information about how the merger will affect your cell phone bill, and then tap or click on it here.
What is the digital lifestyle, if you have any questions? Call Kim ‘ s national radio show, and then tap or click, here to find it on your local radio station. You can listen to, or watch, the Kim Komando Show up on your phone, your tablet, tv or on the computer. Tap or click here to see Kim’s podcasts.
Copyright By 2019 At The Latest, WestStar Multimedia Entertainment. All rights reserved.
Learn about the latest technology on the Kim Komando Show, the nation’s largest weekend radio talk show. Kim takes calls and gives advice on today’s digital lifestyle, from smartphones and tablets to online privacy and data hacks. For her daily tips newsletters and more, visit her web site at Komando.com.