Stan Lee returned to Twitter on Thursday with a video message for his fans.
Stan Lee is back!
On Thursday, the Marvel icon tweeted a video of himself, the subtitle of the post with a simple: “I’M BACK! – Stan.”
“Hey heroes, this is Stan Lee. I hope you have not forgotten me,” Lee— who haven’t posted since June 10— said in the video, warning fans, “You better not forget me.”
“It took me a while to get used to is 79 years old,” joked Lee, who is really 95. “I have 78, that was easy, 79 is getting a bit more difficult.”
“But I thought that no sacrifice is too great for my fans, so I want to start achieving again,” he continued. “We have worked together for many generations. I don’t want that to stop. I don’t think you as fans. I consider you as a close, good friends. I would like to have the feeling that you give me in the same way… You are my friend, I am your friend, and we’re not gonna let anything come between that scheme.”
I’M BACK! – Stan pic.twitter.com/xfk0pA8mBH
— stan lee (@TheRealStanLee) July 12, 2018
“I warn you, I’m back with new energy, and with the care, and with new things to say, and with a new protest of the fact that I love my fans,” he concluded before signing off with his famous “excelsior” slogan.
Earlier this week, Lee, who has been in the middle of the legal battle with his ex-business manager, left a $1 billion lawsuit against POW! Entertainment for allegedly defrauding him out of his likeness rights.
Lee stated that the company took advantage of his macular degeneration, which rendered him legally blind in 2015, as well as his grief over the death of his wife, Joan Lee, who died in July of that year.
“The whole thing is confusing for everyone, including myself and the fans, but I am now happy to be surrounded by people who want the best for me,” Lee said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter at the time.
“I am happy to have the litigation behind me, back to work with my friends and colleagues of POW! and the launch of the next wave of the great characters and stories!”