On 28 July, opens in London, a large exhibition around the Spice Girls. A lot of podiumkostuums and memorabilia are on display.
If you want my future, forget my fits of singing Posh, Ginger, Scary, Sporty and Baby in ‘Wannabe’. We must be excused, for the past resurrect is exactly what fans just as much fun. The exhibition ‘Spice Up’ in the Business Design Centre in London, shows costumes, memorabilia, rodeloperoutfits and merchandise from the heyday of the Spice Girls.
The expo is a good example of the great influence that the singers have exercised on the mode of the nineties. And since that mode again now all the way in, we feel their influence still reverberating. From crop tops to street wear, from platform shoes to slip dresses: everybody finds a Spice Girl to identify on a fashionable level.
Alan Smith-Allison, superfan, collector and curator of the Spice Up expo, speak full of praise about the Girl Power of the group, which is reflected in the costumes of the singers. “The Spice Girls were very busy with themselves and that has had a major impact on the zeitgeist. Their fans were more confident and dared to deviate from the rules imposed.’
From 28 July to 20 August. Hereinafter, draws the exhibition to Manchester.
Business Design Centre, London
- Weekendtip: gallery organizes Japanese market
- Michelin-starred chef Alain Ducasse must restaurant in eiffel tower leave
- For the first time black photographer cover photo of Vogue (and that he owes to Beyoncé)
- Thirty-four girls abused in orphanage in India
- Half of the men do not know that their woman orgasm fakes
- Read all articles about Telex