Theatre by the Sea spot again this year for young talent. As Susobrino, a typical Bolivian beatmaker with a heart for ethnic sounds. As they sounded in the Fort Napoleon in Ostend.
Under the heading of Young Music, Theatre by the Sea free platform for emerging musical talent, in collaboration with the music club The Wanderer. Tuesday should Susobrino the Fort Napoleon soaking in his intoxicating bath of Bolivian beats.
Susobrino is the nom de plume of producer Bart Van Obbergen Pérez, a young Person with roots in Bolivia. He won the Champion Sound Beat Battle in 2018, a talent show for beatmakers, and solved this spring his debut ep, Mapajo. Before he went to his country of origin to field recordings to create sounds from nature, everyday life and even of carnavalstoestanden; no wonder that they are sometimes ‘the Bolivian Indiana Jones’ – and that to convert them into modern digital sounds.
At Theatre by the Sea took Susobrino his audience on a sixteen-minute long trip in the sign of ‘healing’. Relive the concert below, and check Susobrino also at 1/8 (Café Crayon, 22h30), 2/8 (CAPE/Free state O., 21) and 3/8 (In the city, 15h), again in the context of Theatre by the Sea.
Theater Aan Zee 2018
- So sounded ‘the Bolivian Indiana Jones’ Susobrino at Theater Aan Zee
- Discover the ‘belgicana’ of Vito as that sounded at Theatre by the Sea
- “Emptiness of a crushing intensity’: so sounded elektronicatrio Faded as a Theatre by the Sea
- Radiohead in English: so sounded the Earth to Daan at Theater Aan Zee
- Discover droompopduo Denali Wrench live at Theater Aan Zee
- Read all articles about Theater Aan Zee 2018