(Ap) – A $100 billion Vision to Fund, Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp (9984.(T) in a little more than two years and burned through a significant portion of its capital to invest in money-losing, late-stage tech start-ups in areas as diverse as autonomous driving, health care, and finance.
FILE PHOTO: a japanese SoftBank Group, Corp Chief Executive Masayoshi Son attends a news conference in Tokyo, Japan, on November 5, 2018. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon/File Photo
The time of the IPO flop of the office-sharing firm WeWork, one of the biggest bets, and the collapse in the valuations of the other large investments, such as the ride comes from the pioneer Uber have launched a cloud over the efforts by SoftBank’s founder and Chief Executive, Masayoshi Son, to raise a second giant of this fund.
With WeWork to attract capital, SoftBank has proposed that an additional us $5 billion to invest in money-losing startup, sources told Reuters this week.
Following are some of the highlights of the investment and the performance of SoftBank’s Vision Fund, which is the first major to close in 2017.
* $11.8 billion in China’s ride-coming company, She Chuxing
* $10.7 billion in the U.S. on the basis of an office-sharing startup WeWork, We have the parent of The Company, the total includes the SoftBank Group’s investment),
* $ 7.7 billion in the U.S. ride from firm, Uber Technologies Inc (UBER.(N)
* Over $3 billion in South-east-Asian-rides-coming to firmly Grasp
* A $3-billion in the South Korean e-commerce firm Coupang
Note: the number of company filings, Reuters reports
THE SIZE OF THE VISION FUND
* * * The fund has invested $71.4 classification of billion in 83 companies, of the record $20.2 billion in value added and the distribution of the $ 6.4 billion to its investors as at the end of the month of June.
* SoftBank contributed $20.5 billion to the fund. The company has $25.3 billion in unrealized capital gains, $3.2 billion in unpaid manager’s performance and fees, and $1.6 billion in revenue to be realised.
PAPER MONEY, IN THE BIG BLACK BOX
* * * The aim of the Fund to $20.2 billion in value, and are mostly on paper, and the ratings are under increasing downward pressure, stocks of four of the fund’s five publicly traded portfolio companies have fallen sharply in the three months to the end of September.
The new publicly-listed companies include Uber, Slack Technologies, Inc. (the WORK).(N), Guardant Health, Inc. (“GH.(O), ZhongAn Online P&C Insurance Co. Ltd., 6060.HK) and Ping An’s Healthcare and Technology Co., Ltd. (Ping is A Good Doctor) (in 1833.HK).
* * * The two of the most important gains from the sale of the investment in the Indian e-commerce company, Flipkart, and US chipmaker Nvidia Corp (NVDA.D).
Shares in SoftBank Group has also declined over the same period of time.
THE INVESTMENT IN THE SECTOR
Transport and logistics:
Notable investments are as follows: Uber, Didi, Pick up, General Motors Co. (GM.(N) a self-driving unit, a Cruise, a food delivery company, Doordash, and the German used-car dealing platform for Auto1.
Total investment: $28.3 billion. SoftBank is reported their value to be $33 billion as of June-end of the night.
* Cross-border tech –
Notable investments are as follows: a Chip designer, Arm, autonomous robotics, business Brains, self-driving car, a camera, sturdy and Light and a virtual simulation, the firm is Unlikely to happen.
Total capital expenditure: $10.5 billion. Now, with a total value of $11.2 billion.
* Consumer tech:
Notable investments are as follows: Coupang, an Indonesian e-commerce firm Tokopedia, the Indian hotel chain, Oyo, and online grocery store for Grofers, an AMERICAN indoor farming is tough Enough, and dog walking app is Waiting.
The total investments are as follows: $10.1 billion. Now it’s worth $14.8 billion.
* Real estate:
Notable investments are as follows: WeWork, an online real estate marketplaces, a Compass and the Opendoor and the construction company Katerra.
Total investment: $8 million. Now it’s worth $9.9 billion.
Outstanding investments: the Indian, the QR code payment app-Paytm, the online lenders, Kabbage, and Oaknorth and online insurance companies ZhongAn China, and PolicyBazaar in India.
The total investment to $3.7 billion. Now, with a total value of $4.2 billion.
* Health tech:
Notable investments in China, Ping is A Great Doctor, the-AMERICAN-cancer-testing company, Guardant, and the Swiss drugmaker Roivant arts and Sciences.
Total investment: $2.8 million. Now, with a total value of $4.7 billion.
Notable investments are as follows: the Workplace messaging app Slack is a data storage company, Cohesity and mapping company Mapbox.
Total investment: $2.7 billion. Now, with a total value of $4.1 billion.
Sources: SoftBank and the company’s portfolio of documents and projects.
Reporting by Anirban Sen and C, Nivedita, Bengaluru, and Sam Nussey, in Tokyo; Additional reporting by Heekyong Yang; Editing by Miyoung Kim Cushing and Christopher