Theatre by the Sea spot again this year for young talent. Such as Fortress, the synthpopband around School is Cool-keyboard player Hanne Torfs. Relive their passage into the Fort Napoleon in Ostend.
“There are few things that I would rather do than frontwoman,” says Hanne Torfs, earlier this year in The Morning. And look, in addition to its permanent position as a keyboard player of School Is Cool it acts now also on the forefront as the singer of Fortress.
Friday played Torfs with that project, which also Ruben Den Brok (keys, electronics) and Anke Verslype (drums) are a part, and in the Fort Napoleon in Oostende, in the context of Theatre by the Sea, and their Young Music program.
Ever was Torfs, a metalhead, and with School Is Cool practicing them indie-rock, but there remains in her own group and many of them are. With Fortress she chooses resolutely for elektropop, with tufts of techno and deep house. At Theatre by the Sea sounded like this:
Theater Aan Zee 2018
- School is Cool in an electro jacket: as sounded in the Fortress at Theater Aan Zee
- Mathrock and metal unplugged: this was Hoopla at Theatre by the Sea
- Between hope and despair: so sounded the Limburg singer Ila at Theater Aan Zee
- So sounded ‘the Bolivian Indiana Jones’ Susobrino at Theater Aan Zee
- Discover the ‘belgicana’ of Vito as that sounded at Theatre by the Sea
- Read all articles about Theater Aan Zee 2018