News

Samsung went up in flames’ if user claims the handset exploded in his kitchen

Credit: reddit/rokhana

A Samsung customer claims his phone exploded, setting fire to towels and almost him “severe burns.”

The disgruntled owner said that he is “done with Samsung after the incident, which turns into a catalogue of dozens of similar claims about the Samsung devices.

 

Writing on Reddit, Rokhana described how he took his phone out of his pocket to take a picture before it froze and shut down.

CLICK ON THE SUN FOR MORE

“After trying and not back on for a minute or so, I put it on my kitchen counter and thought I just try again later,” the disappointed Samsung customer explained.

(Credit: reddit/rokhana )

 

“Literally no more than a few seconds after putting the whole thing spontaneously went up in flames.

“I had a few nearby towels on fire, thought my kitchen was going to burn for a moment.”

The customer said they took the Galaxy S7 Edge of the phone is a Samsung local customer support in Morocco, but got zero help.

“[I] was told that nothing can be done since I bought it two years ago and it is no longer under warranty.

(Credit: reddit/rokhana )

 

“I am happy that I am safe and that I lost was the telephone considered how close I came to getting seriously burned, but I’m pretty disappointed.

“This was an expensive phone that I expected to last me longer, and certainly not had expected, almost a fire on my place.”

Rokhana added: “I loved my S7E and my previous Galaxy phones, but I think I’m a bit done with Samsung after this.”

The news comes just days after a New York woman filed a lawsuit against Samsung because its Galaxy Note 9 smartphone “in flames”.

Diane Chung says the new Note 9 to the model launched earlier this year – “was very warm”, during the journey in an elevator just after midnight on September 3.

Chung then claims to have stopped the use of the phone, and placed it in her bag.

Shortly after, she said that she “heard whistling and screeching sound, and…saw a thick smoke” pouring out from her bag.

According to Chung, and she put the bag on the elevator floor and tried to empty, allegedly burning her fingers while handling the phone.

Chung reported feeling “very panic”, while only being caught in the elevator, dropping the phone and frantically pressing elevator buttons by the thick smoke.

As soon as the concerned Samsung customer reaches the lobby, she reportedly kicked the phone off while it is still burning.

In the lawsuit, which was filed in the Queens Supreme Court, Chung claims that the phone is not to stop smoking, until someone with a cloth and laid him in a bucket of water.

Chung described the incident as “traumatic”, she says that she is left unable to make contact with customers and with the contents of her bag ruined.

Now Chung is claiming compensation from Samsung, calling the phone “defective” and asks for a temporary restraining order that a prohibition on the sale of the Galaxy Note 9 smartphones.

A Samsung spokesperson acknowledged the Chung incident, calling it an isolated case, adding: “We stand behind the quality of the millions of Galaxy devices in use.”

Both of these shocking allegations come just two years after Samsung recalled a previous Galaxy model, after dozens of users reported overheating, spontaneous fires and even explosions.

The infamous Galaxy Note 7 was recalled a few weeks after the launch, in 2016, when the phone started spontaneously catching fire for some users.

A Samsung research eventually proved that there is a large battery error that the cause of the overheating problem.

The phone was removed, and the Samsung Galaxy Note brand was forever tainted by the blunder.

It turned out that the Samsung expensive blazer had a number of design flaws.

The electrodes on the upper right corner of the battery were prone to bending, and some batteries were missing insulation tape.

Samsung eventually distance limited number of devices via a software update, and tried to recall all the units.

The situation got so bad that the aviation officials and airlines began a ban on the phone is switched on during flights.

After the incident, Samsung rolled out a brand new battery health-check system for the build of its phones.

“We have re-evaluated at each step of the smartphone manufacturing process and the development of our 8-Point Safety Check the Battery,” Samsung explained.

“It’s going to extinguish the fire of a battery of extreme tests, of inside and outside, followed by a careful inspection by the X-ray and the human eye to ensure the highest quality.

“This is our commitment for a safer devices now and in the future.”

The move seemed to have worked, with last year the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone to be released without a hitch.

“We’ve learned from the Galaxy Note 7 issues and changes as a result,” a Samsung blog post explained.

“Re-evaluation of each step of our smartphone production process of the redesign of the quality assurance program, we are committed to the implementation of each learning to ensure the quality and safety for the future.”

Just last month, Samsung chief DJ Koh has promised that its latest model certainly would not explode: “The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is more secure than ever.

“Users don’t have to worry about the batteries not more.”

We have asked Samsung for comment on this latest incident and will update our story with a response.

This story originally appeared in The Sun.

 

 

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular