News

Ruth Bader Ginsburg says the Constitution makes the abolition of the Electoral College is largely a dream”

in the vicinityVideoIs the Electoral College is bad for democracy”?

To fix New York Times op-ed-calls, scrap the election Committee; reaction from former Schumer aide Chris Hahn, and talk radio host Tony Katz.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said this week that efforts to scrap the Electoral College “is more theoretical than real,” according to a report.

“It is largely a dream, because our Constitution is … difficult to change,” Ginsburg said while he reported at the University of Chicago on Monday in The Chicago Sun-Times”. “I know this from experience.”

The 86-year-old justice has previously its support for the transition to a popular vote.

WHY DEMOCRATS WANT TO ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE, PACK THE SUPREME COURT

“There are some things I would like to change. The Electoral College is” Ginsburg said in 2017, according to The hill. “But that would require an amendment to the basic law and the amending of our Constitution is powerfully hard to make.”

The Electoral College has come under increased scrutiny by the Democrats since President Trump, Hillary Clinton defeated in the Electoral College vote in 2016, after the defeat in the referendum. Ex-President George W. Bush, the former Vice-President Al Gore in 2000 about the Electoral College defeated after the defeat in the referendum.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, has the system a “Scam”, and a majority of the Democratic presidential candidates are openly reported for the elimination of The Washington Times.

On the Republican side, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, tweeted last month that the Electoral College helps maintain a representative democracy.

“We live in a Republic, which means that 51% of the population wrote not to boss around the other 49%,” he said.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Conservative columnist George Will and former U.S. Rep. Raul Labrador, R-Idaho, said that the electoral Committee calls the candidates to campaign nationally and helps of representation for smaller States.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular