The judgment in appeal around the drugszaak of Frank Masmeijer is delayed once again, writes the AD. In addition, Masmeijer transferred to another prison after photos from his cell in the media were published.
The ruling could actually next Thursday, but has been moved to June 27 because the development of the judgment according to a spokesperson of the court of appeal takes a long time.
“It must be thorough to happen, because the defendants can, of course, even the court of cassation,” says Tom Hoorens against the AD. “So therefore everything must be right.”
The 57-year-old Masmeijer was until recently stuck in Antwerp, where he was involved would have been at a cocaïnedeal. Recently he was transferred to a cell in Beveren. According to his lawyer, Kris Vincke has that to do with the photos recently in the weekly Private published about the former presenter.
Internal investigation after appearing photos in Private
A spokesman for the federal department of justice in Belgium, after the appearance of the photos NU.nl know that there is an internal investigation was started, since no permission was given for the make of the footage. It is not clear who the photos had made.
Masmeijer was previously set by the court and sentenced to a prison sentence of eight years, but the former presenter went in appeal. He says that he has a very limited role between the clients and implementers of the cocaïnedeal.
Masmeijer risk on appeal to eight years in prison for his role in a failed attempt to have a party of 467 kilos of cocaine from the port of Antwerp to smuggle.
In the magazines: Celfoto’s Frank Masmeijer leaked | Winston to 6 Inside?