Tom Arnold, right, hit his ex-wife Roseanne Barr after the cancellation of her ABC series.
After the news that “Roseanne” was cancelled by ABC on Tuesday, hours after Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet about the former President Obama aide Valerie Jarrett, celebs, including Barr’s ex-husband Tom Arnold are full of praise for the network of the decision.
“Tons of respect for Bob Iger,” tweeted Arnold, who was married to Barr from 1990 to 1994, about Disney CEO Bob Iger.
Continued Arnold: “Difficult decision with financial consequences for his company, but for America….umm… now not bug Bob, but maybe someone else may know if I am still banned from all @ABCNetwork for the call of Roseanne Barr first on her racist conspiracy tweets.”
Actress Minnie Driver also shared how “proud” she was of the cancellation, appeal to the fans to watch her show, “Speechless” instead.
“So proud of @ABCNetwork for the have of the ethical compunction to cancel #Rosanne (sic), despite the large numbers. Also we make a show about a middle class family , come and look at us, instead #speechless @Speechless_ABC,” wrote Driver on Twitter.
Shonda Rhimes, which is made of several hit series for ABC including “Grey’s Anatomy,” tweeted: “to be honest, But they got what they deserved. As I tell my 4-year-old, one makes a choice with one of the actions. Roseanne made a choice. A racist. ABC made a choice. A man.”
Debra Brass wrote on Twitter: “I just heard #rosanne (sic) has been cancelled. My reaction— tears. I am so relieved and grateful. The hatred that is spewing from that in Trump’s orbit has really taken a toll on all of our soul and psyche. I didn’t believe it would happen. I had lost faith. Thank you @abc.”
I am glad that Roseanne is cancelled.
The backlash to the cancellation goes to a deafening nightmare.
Nothing good will come of this whole thing.
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) 29 May 2018
Thank you Channing Dungey!https://t.co/VIlKTF9y7Z
— Viola Davis (@violadavis) 29 May 2018
Thank you, Channing. Thank you @ABCNetwork. ❤️❤️❤️ https://t.co/jvA7l71HJS
— Bellamy Young (@BellamyYoung) 29 May 2018
Thank you, @ABCNetwork for doing the right things and to show people that bigotry and racism has consequences. Now if you could only cancel our President for the same reason. #RoseanneBarred
— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) May 29, 2018
On Tuesday, ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey said that the network would not be the production of the second season.
“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is appalling, abhorrent and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to show her,” Dungey told Fox News.
The announcement came hours after Barr wrote a racially charged tweet saying Jarrett, who is African-American and born in Iran, is if the muslim brotherhood & the planet of the apes had a baby.”
A rep for Barr previously did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.