The Red Devils play, but does not the final. But that they have a deep footprint and have put on the world cup, also appears on the social media. Reports that research firm Meltwater.
According to Meltwater, the Red Devils between 14 June and 10 July, the day of the semi-final against France so, worldwide 737.000 times listed on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Of these, there were 19.000 in Belgium, 17.000 in the Netherlands.
Their performance was also on the social media, not surprisingly, the victory in the quarterfinals against five-fold world champion Brazil on Friday 6 July. The hashtag #BRABEL was of all the matches of the Belgians as the most globally used. In Belgium it was that #BELPAN and #BELTUN, the first two group matches.
The most-mentioned player on the social media in their home country Romelu Lukaku (with nearly 4,000 mentions), followed by Eden Hazard and distance away Dries Mertens. Kevin De Bruyne and Marouane Fellaini complete the top five.
Football world cup 2018 in Russia
- ‘Romelu Lukaku is most mentioned Red Devil on social media’
- Why Loew after the world cup debacle German coach remains
- The failure of the favorites: an analysis
- “With this generation we can have two tournaments on,”
- Martinez and Deschamps agree: “One stationary phase decided everything’
- Read all articles about world cup 2018 in Russia