News

Roger stone jurors anti-trump-social-media-posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

nearvideo Tucker Carlson on Roger stone prison sentencing

Roger stone, the conviction of a political hit?

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed on Wednesday that she was one of the jury that convicted former trump Advisor Roger stone on obstruction charges last year, and soon after, a string that came from your anti-Trump, left-wing social media-posts to the fore.

Hard CNN and other media organizations confirmed on Wednesday that they had written a Facebook post supported the Ministry of justice prosecutors who resigned abruptly from her post on Tuesday, you say, “can’t hold still more.” The prosecutors objected, apparently after senior DOJ officials overrode their recommendation to the judge, that stone face sentenced to 9 years in prison.

“I want to get up, Aaron Zelinsky, Adam Jed, Michael Marando, and Jonathan Kravis — the prosecutors in the Roger stone study,” wrote Hart in the post. “It pains me to see that the DOJ is disturbing now is the hard work of the prosecutors. They acted with the utmost intelligence, integrity and respect for our judiciary.”

DOJ PROSECUTORS QUIT EN MASSE; TRUMP SAYS STONE INDICTMENT OF A MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE

Independent journalist Mike Cernovich first reported that a number of Hard-to other Twitter and Facebook suggested posts, a strong political bias.

“Gotta love it!” Hart wrote on Jan. 13, 2018, in response to a news report that a dirty trick had been projected, the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC

A week later, on Jan. 21, 2018, shared an opinion piece with the title “What is so extreme, clearly wrong Trump presidency.”

On March 24, 2019, Hard a Facebook shared post to say that the Republicans, who complained about the Special Counsel, to Robert Mueller probe were consciously “to ignore the numerous accusations, confessions, and convictions of people in 45 s inner circle” and refers to the trump card.

And, on Nov. 15, 2019-the day to transfer to the stone agreed on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements to Congress-Hard-tweeted the two “heart” emojis, followed by two pump-fist emojis. Her tweet linked to a post that has been public since the from the point of view of the.

Hart did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. The Memphis Commercial Appeal noted that she was a native of the city, and served a term as President of the school Committee.

The posts appeared that on the same day that U.S. district judge Amy Berman Jackson, who oversaw the stone case dirt your order from the beginning of the month to deny stone’s request to a new process.

Stone team argues that an unnamed juror had misled the court in relation to his exposure to the media during the case, and also had some potential bias due to his work with IRS, which sometimes, in conjunction with the Ministry of justice in criminal matters.

But, Jackson shot down the motion for a new trial, saying the jury of possible bias was not shown and even if it were, it was not big enough to take the drastic step of calling for a new trial.

READ JACKSON’S, THE DOWN MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

Jackson, who was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama, also took a shot at stone-team for the failure to uncover the information earlier.

“The defense could easily have the same Internet search, including the instant motion and concerns had wrote that at the time” Jackson.

Fox News reported on Tuesday that the top-were the brass at the DOJ was “shocked” that prosecutors handling the stone case had recommended Monday night that Jackson’s sentence, the 67-year-old stone between 87 and 108 months in prison. The Prosecutor argued in the Monday filing that the conduct of post-indictment — earned including violation of the PR-social media gag orders — a sentence that the defense said much longer than the 15 to 21 months that was actually advisable, under the federal sentencing guidelines.

Video

In a new amended filing Tuesday afternoon, the DOJ, Jackson said that the government “does respectfully assert, a conviction of imprisonment of less than 87 to 108 months ‘imprisonment would be appropriate under the circumstances”, but that the government “refers, finally, the court imposed the particular sentence to be.”

Government officials wrote in the amended filing, to argue that it is “technically” possible that stone deserves the severe federal sentencing enhancement for a threat of physical harm to a witness, such a step would be against the spirit of the Federal guidelines.

It would the stone into the category of directives, the “in General, in cases in which violent crimes, such as armed robbery, not obstruction cases,” the government argues that the stone is “advanced age, health condition, personal circumstances and lack of criminal record” also advises against harsh punishment.

Specifically, prosecutors said that although stone allegedly had threatened a witness Randy Credico therapy dog, Bianca — say he was “going to take the dog away from you” – it was important to recognize that Credico, a New York radio host, has confirmed that he was “never in any way felt that the stone itself was a direct physical threat to me or my dog.”

The government continued, “If the court is the application of the eight-level enhancement for threatening a witness with injury, would the outcome of the defendant to receive an Advisory guidelines range of 37 to 46 months, which, as explained below, more in line with the typical penalties for disability cases.”

READ THE DOJ’S NEW FILING ; READ THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION REQUESTING A LONGER SENTENCE

Senior DOJ officially confirmed to Fox News that senior officials there made the call to reverse the first sentencing recommendation, namely, the submission on Monday evening was not only extreme, but also much inconsistent with how the prosecutors had informed DOJ leadership would you go about the case. The “General communication” between the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the main DOJ had led senior officials to expect a more moderate rate, the official told Fox News.

Video

“It is surprising that the line in the sand — a revised notification,” a senior DOJ official told Fox News, adding that the problem with the original sentencing recommendation, it was told to the judge, to ensure that the only possibility for justice, was a long sentence.

“We are secure, “It must”,” the DOJ source told Fox News. “The amended filing says it’s a felony and jail time is appropriate; let’s just say it doesn’t have to be 87 to 108 months.”

In an interview with journalists on Tuesday, Trump said, he stayed out of internal DOJ deliberations, but strong against your first conviction of a recommendation.

“I’ll stay the things to a degree that the people would not believe,” Trump said. He added that the original recommendation was “ridiculous” and called it “an insult to our country.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Later, Trump took a shot at Jackson, writing on Twitter: “this Is the judge that Paul Manafort in solitary confinement, something had to endure not once Gangster Al Capone? How did the treatment of Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just ask!”

Fox News’ Jake Gibson contributed to this report.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular