Rob Porter was gone for the White house, the funding from domestic abuse allegations to the public

in the vicinity


WH faces criticism over response to Rob Porter allegations

Ted Harvey of the Committee for the defence of the President shares his perspective.

Rob Porter, a former White House staff Secretary, had appeared on the threshold of a major action in the White house, in front of news stories, detailing past domestic violence allegations put forward, which has been confirmed by two ex-spouses, Fox News.

Porter, the are gone from the White house last week after the accusations of two ex-wives to the public, was under consideration of the fills the role of the deputy chief of staff, the administration, several sources said.

The sources said Porter was held in high consideration by the White house chief of staff John Kelly. Other executives were also open for the promotion of Porter, they said.

The Deputy position opened recently, and chose according to President Jim Carroll, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.


White House-updates-timeline of Rob Porter’s security check


The once-probably – support – first reported by CNN, comes as the White house, after the criticism for the holding of Porter in the role of senior staff secretary in spite of knowledge of the allegations.

The White house released a statement, last Thursday, pushing to the allegations and the defense of Porter. But within 24 hours, when the pictures were taken from one of Porter’s ex-wives with a black eye, Porter resigned. He has, however, denied the allegations against him.

White house officials have said they were not aware of the extent of the allegations until last week.

But FBI Director, Christopher Wray, testified on Tuesday that Porter had a background check months, completed before he was forced to resign over the domestic violence claims — conflict with the White house timeline, said the background check was in progress.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, pressed by the reporters at the Tuesday briefing on Wray’s account, declared that the White house personnel security office were informed last year, for what is considered the final background investigation report. But she said it is not a final recommendation would be made, because “the process was not yet complete.”

Trump was asked about Porter on Friday, and told reporters: “it was very sad when we heard of it.” He added that Porter said he was innocent.

The case has questions about the safety of the distances in the White house. Porter served as interim security clearance.

John Roberts, Adam Shaw and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Alex Pappas is a political reporter at Follow him on Twitter at @Alex Pappas.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular