Vegan, lactose free, without gluten, free of additives and raw: there is no trendy food trend of the new cakes in the Delhaize-shelving not able to claim. The retail chain is introducing the first in Belgium to raw food products in its range.
Many avid blogger or instagrammer with culinary interests already know: raw food does not mean that you only raw vegetables may nibble. The ‘no bake’ cakes and biscuits to conquer in a fast pace social media and a lot of hearts, and understands that now also Delhaize. Therefore introduced the chain now its first range of raw products.
That is provisionally four ‘raw cakes’: a chocolate – and-caramel taste, an exotic version with lime and mango, with strawberry, raspberry and blue berries and a pure variant with vanilla. The desserts contain neither dairy, nor eggs, nor refined sugar (except the natural sugars of, for example, dates or agave).
The chain is strong, a trendsetter in the Belgian supermarkets. So could the Delhaize customers, for example, also already as the first avocado trials in 1974, Fairtrade and organic products to buy, in 1989, the first Chilean wines, quorn and sushi discover in 1994, cereal with stevia to try in 2013 and the first Belgian vermouth to enjoy in 2016.
- Raw food is the way to the supermarket
- Godmother or Grunge Kim Gordon brings collection at & Other Stories
- Danish fashion brand Samsøe & Samsøe holds sample sale in Antwerp
- Greatest tasting spirits from Europe is coming
- After Summer Beach Cleanup: Make of our beaches and sea paradise gems
- Read all articles about Telex